Reasons And Solutions For IR Camera Fogging Problem
Reasons and solutions for IR Camera fogging problem
Infrared camera night vision fogging is a very common problem in CCTV industry, but in the industry has not been a good solution to this problem so far. For example, the Ezviz brand of Hikvision, the leader of the industry, was feedbacked the fogging on waterproof cameras.
As for the reason of the fogging on the camera lens position, there has a lot to do with the working environment except for the camera itself.
The position of fogging
There are two main parts, the lens inside the camera and the interior glass, the outside glass of the camera.
(picture: moisture in the interior glass)
The cause of fogging
The main reason is that the camera is working in low temperature and the air humidity is high. After the infrared leds started at night, the internal temperature of the camera is high, because the saturated water vapor in the air is condensed into fog and frost, it is stuck on the camera cover glass or on the internal lens of the camera, which makes it can not see the object.
There is a problem in which the camera is tightly sealed to prevent fog from producing, or to ensure better ventilation to avoid the condensation of water vapor on the camera lens. We need specific analysis of specific problems.
A. fogging inside the camera
There is moisture inside the camera housing and the humidity is high. Then how did the moisture and fogging come from inside?
The PCB boards, IR led boards, lens, and even the bad housings materials, impurities and volatile materials, at the same time the assembly environment is high humidity. At night, when the infrared camera starts working, the temperature is high, the high temperature causes the evaporation of these impurities, the water vapor, when the water vapor can not be emitted from the well sealed camera, it condenses on the internal lens.
1. In this situation generally we can increase the defrosting circuit, open the vent, add the fan, add the desiccant and so on. To solve the problem fundamentally, we must strictly control and eliminate the existence of volatiles before leaving the factory.
2. Selecting good quality PCB board, chip, IR Led board, lens, do not have impurities and volatile materials.
3. The diaphragm is aligned with the glass. Do not leak light.
4. Extend the aging time of the camera and keep the camera dry. (not too much moisture in the production environment)
If the moisture comes from outside, the main reason is that the waterproofing measures are not done well.
Improve the production process. First, add waterproof rubber sleeve to play a role of waterproof ; secondly, use waterproof glue at the connection screw port, enhance the waterproof property. The general infrared camera uses aluminum alloy casing to improve the accuracy of the interface, and is made of high-quality silica gel material. The effect is ideal.
B. External fogging of the camera
It doesn’t have much to do with the camera itself. External air humidity, rain and other reasons, water vapor cover the camera cover glass, blocking the sight.
Solution: Add a rain brush to the protective cover to clean the glass; use the invisible wiper window glass, the invisible wiper has the function of repelling water and dust.
- Wodsee DOL-HDR WDR 4 IN 1 Camera New Arrival
- How to set parameters for detected faces recognition?
- Face recognition becomes the commanding point technology of video surveillance
- Introduction to Facial Recognition of Surveillance System
- New innovation–soft photosensitive
- Great innovation!!! – Wodsee IP camera with Sensor Control IR
- 4 New Styles HD High-Speed Dome camera
- WODSEE new Smart Zoom IP camera, Real WDR.
- How to provide a regular maintenance for CCTV equipments?
- Notes for outdoor installation of PTZ